Real Property Petition/Appeal Form

Settling disagreements on property value.

Real Property and Personal Property

Property owners can often settle disagreements at this level without continuing the appeal process. However, you still need to preserve your appeal rights by timely filing your appeal form with the Board of Equalization. 

You can contact Whitman County Assessor’s office by calling 509-397-6220 to review your valuation whenever you have questions about your property value.

Assessor's Office Hours 

9:00 AM to 12:00 PM  (closed during the lunch hour) 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM

Using the link below complete the form entirely and return to the Board of Equalization


Form: Taxpayer Petition to the Whitman County Board of Equalization for Review of Real Property Valuation Determination

Return to the Board of Equalization via;


  • Hand Deliver to the Board of County Commissioners Office at 400 N Main St., Colfax WA


  • Mail to: Board of Equalization, 400 N Main Street, Colfax, WA 99111


updated 06.06.2023