Treatment Information

Most convictions for alcohol/drug related charges require a chemical dependency evaluation. The evaluation must be completed by a state certified agency. WSU is not a state certified agency. You must have an evaluation completed and submit the paperwork to the probation office by the date of compliance, which will be provided by the probation office. Failure to comply with the obligations will result in the filing of a probation violation.

Finding Treatment Centers

If you live outside of Whitman County, please try searching the Substance Abuse Treatment Facility Locator or look in your yellow pages.

You can also find local treatment centers we recommend.


When you go in for your evaluation, please sign a release of information. The treatment provider will not send us a copy of the evaluation or any proof of enrollment without this release.


When you receive your evaluation results, have your counselor explain the recommendations. Per court order, you must comply with the treatment recommendations. You must start the recommended treatment program ASAP. If the evaluation recommends you only need to attended Alcohol/Drug Information School (ADIS) class then this must be done by your date of compliance.

Please call/email your Probation Officer if you do not understand what is required.